Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ice, Ice Baby!

































Photo courtesy of Almost A Chef

I was browsing through some new blogs this morning when I ran across Domestic Reflections and her post about Aluminum Ice Cube Trays. I have to say, these are going on my Christmas Wish list! I wish I had these when I first started making baby food. When you really fill the plastic trays up, they can be hard to turn and crack the food out because the food cubes do not crack under pressure like ice cubes do. But these aluminum trays solve that...they have a LEVER! I love levers! Plus, when not freezing pureed baby food, they could be very dinner party-James-Bondish. For example:

James:"A dry martini. One. In a deep champagne goblet."

Me: "Yes, James"

James: "Just a moment. Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon-peel. Got it?"

Me: "Righty-oh James. Just let me pull the lever on my aluminum ice cube tray and effortlessly pop out the ice."

James: "A lever on an ice cube tray? Brilliant!"

Me: "It sure is James. It sure is."

No comments: