Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Yeah I know I am a little late but yesterday FLEW by! A yummy ham dinner followed by a tornado of wrapping paper, ribbons and squeals of delight. I love Christmas. Hope you all had a great holiday!

Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace.
Aunt Bethany: [turns to Lewis] What, dear?
Nora Griswold: Grace!
Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.
Uncle Lewis: They want you to say Grace.
[Bethany shakes her head in confusion]
Uncle Lewis: The BLESSING!
Aunt Bethany: [they all pose for prayer] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands/ One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Clark: Amen.


"Well I double-DOG-dare ya!"
"Now it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare ya"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare." "I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!" "Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!"
- Ralphie, Narrator and Schwartz in A Christmas Story

For anyone keeping count, Ralphie says he wants the Red Ryder BB Gun 28 times throughout the course of the movie. That’s approximately once every three minutes and 20 seconds.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I have the same two favourite Christmas movies, and did an almost identical post in December. :) I just came to your blog today through The City Sage and am perusing... hence all of the comments. :)