Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If Life Deals You Lemons Make a Teenie Tiny Thimble Full of Lemonade

I am pretty sure that is not how that quotes goes but rather how my life goes. Just as my little basketball team was starting to win, we were struck by two season ending injuries to my two top players. You are kidding me right.

That is about as funny as my Meyer Lemon tree that my mother-in-law got me for my b-day last year. In the planting instructions, there was a clause that said the tree would be bearing fruit in about a year. Yeah right! This tree was tiny when I first got it...well let me eat my words because about 2 weeks ago...these started.
I know...you are thinking yeah for the lemon tree. What is your problem Jenny? Well, let me just put things in perspective for you...
Yes they are that small! What is going on here? Am I going to get tiny, bite size lemons? Does any else out there have a indoor Meyer tree?? HELP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some VERY tiny lemons indeed! Just be happy with one thing: you haven't killed it yet (which is more than we could probably say if the lemon tree were in my hands...)

Oh, and when you first mentioned undulating colors I totally thought you were just being a smart ass. Then when someone else mentioned it, i realized that you must have been watching extreme makeover home edition...am I right, or are you just psychic?