Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Is Here!

I share this post with you in hopes that I will not get comments about what a bad choice I made. Both LJ and I strongly disliked the tin/shed/two-by-4 awning that was hanging off of our house. Not only does it look a little ummm....how should I say this...interesting, it also blocked out tons of light to our dining room. I wanted it gone from day one but we were not sure what was underneath.

We found out this weekend! Here it is!!



It took all of an hour to tear down and I like to think that it makes the house look like a Queen Anne again. I am sure there is something about "great lines" or some other design phrase that Anne could come up with. I just love the fact that I can bask in the morning sun while drinking coffee in the dining room.
Posted by Picasa


Kelli said...

I love the house without the awning, milk-mustache and all.

SkippyMom said...

I think that looks spectacular removed. It didn't seem to go with the house and now you can see the windows, etc.

Nice job.

Jenny said...

Thanks! I think it will look really great once we paint it!