Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just Make Yourself a Dang Quesadilla!

It is a total crap shoot as to whether Jack will eat what I am making for dinner. One night, he will scarf all the chicken and the next spit out anything that even touched chicken. Forget about beef while marinara sauce is ok if he dips his pasta into it. To avoid going crazy, I always keep a back-up in the fridge. Something that I can pull out if he decides nothing on his plate taste good. Right now, that something is whole-wheat broccoli and cheese quesadillas. (I know this looks incredibly easy, and it is, but a friend of mine thought this was the best idea ever. So I am putting in up here just in case you haven't thought of it yet.)
Whole-Wheat Broccoli and Cheese Quesadillas
2 whole-wheat tortillas
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (feel free to mix up your cheeses...mozzarella is also big at our house)
2-3 Tbsp. frozen broccoli, broken up into little pieces

Heat the pan on medium heat, throw the tortilla down, sprinkle some cheese, place to broccoli over the cheese, sprinkle a little more cheese (this creates a lock so the broccoli stays in and won't fall out), top with the other tortilla and heat until everything is melted. Then cut it up into small triangles and serve warm or cold. This is a great travel food too. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.